Image

Image

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Our Moment of Panic

Last night, I heard it.  My name cried out in complete panic.  Teacher Man pounding on the back of our baby who was clearly choking on something.  His lips turning purple. My husband and I vacillating between horror and lifesaving.

And then as quickly as it began, it was over.  Baby boy cried.  And breathed.  And we started breathing again too.

Every moment.  Every breath that we have is precious.  I wish I could take comfort that this situation will never occur again in my life as a parent, but I know that just isn't true.  So I'll choose today to trust the Lord and learn to enjoy every moment of the little lives that He has entrusted to me.  And I'll leave my hands upturned and open.  Because all. is. grace.

(Surprisingly enough, Ben choked on some drainage not one of the many objects that he likes to put in his mouth.  Never a dull moment.)

1 comment:

  1. I have successfully implemented the Heimlich Maneuver on Josiah before. It was scary.

    ReplyDelete